Well spoiler alert! We are not in our early 20’s any more! Haha We don’t know about you, but we enjoy having a few glasses of wine on the weekends and our kids are still up super early! So, we have partnered with PartySmart and they have sponsored our very own hangover-prevention guide, all opinions are our own.
Hangovers are something that just about all of us have experienced at some point in time. After spending a night
out drinking, you may wake up in the morning with your head feeling heavy and your stomach in knots. We have all had that moment where we decided that we are quitting drinking, to prevent this awful feeling from happening again. But then it’s girls’ night and that red wine is calling our name!
Even though we all know that alcohol can lead to hangovers, we still indulge – there are lots of studies floating around about the effects of red wine and that it does have some positive effects on the body – Which is what we tell ourselves a lot! Haha
But once in a while we have all been hit with the negative effects of a hangover.
What we do to avoid Hangovers:
- Moderation is the key. The easiest way to avoid hangovers is to drink in moderation – and never get drunk. Sooo this is a tough one! And not so helpful if you’re in the midst of a hangover!! But had to be mentioned!
- Stay hydrated! It has been said that the headaches associated with hangovers stem from dehydration. Drinking water through the night helps! We wish we took that advice more often! With alcohol being a diuretic, it will make you make you run to the bathroom often. When you wake up in the morning with a bad headache and turn to coffee, which is also a diuretic, the process of dehydration actually gets worse. We love a Sugar Free blue sports drink in the morning before coffee, if we had a few drinks the night before!
- PartySmart. For a better morning we like to use PartySmart! It’s nice cause it is just a quick pill to take before you start drinking. It speeds up the elimination of acetaldehyde from your liver, which builds up when you consume alcohol. We love that it’s less expensive than a cup of coffee and we can keep it our purses – for those unscheduled girls’ nights!
- Don’t mix alcohols. Beer is digested very fast by your body, which is why you should always drink beer first if you plan to mix drinks. Beer is digested the fastest and will also help your body to absorb any other drinks you have faster, so they say.
- Get Moving. We love a walk or a good workout class the morning after a few glasses of wine. Even though a hangover makes us want to stay in bed, the secret to getting yourself back on track is movement. To get all the toxins out you need to sweat.
We want to hear your advice on avoiding hangovers! Leave us a comment and make sure to check out PartySmart, it’s a great aid to make the next day much more bearable! We have a code for 20% off your next PartySmart order on Amazon, too! It’s SISTERS20, you’re welcome!